Postponed / Cancelled Events (but you can still help!)
Among the events in the coming months that we were hoping to organise or take part in
- SUCS work parties (suspended until further notice)
- Montgomery Canal presentation to the All Party Parliamentary Group on the Waterways, Westminster, 23 March
- Montgomery Canal Forum, 27 April
- "Canals in Shropshire: enjoying using and restoring our inland waterways" at the Abbey Station Visitor Centre, Shrewsbury, 28 April to 4 May
- Montgomery Canal Triathlon, 2 May
- Welshpool Transport Festival, 20 June
- Historic Narrowboat Rally, Braunston, 27/28 June
- IWA Festival of Water, Worcester, 29-31 Aug
Despite the current difficulties, we are still planning for the reconstruction of Schoolhouse Bridge next year and for restoration projects after that. So we still need your help. Can you help us to bring boats back to Mid-Wales by making a donation or by getting involved?
Montgomery Canal Triathlon Postponed
The Committee of the Friends of the Montgomery Canal have today (Tuesday) issued the following statement about the postponement of the Montgomery Canal Triathlon:
"In the light of the most recent Government advice about the spread of coronavirus COVID-19 and in consideration of the health and safety of everyone involved in organising and attending the Montgomery Canal Triathlon, we are very sorry to announce that we have decided to postpone the event scheduled for 2nd May 2020.
We know this will be disappointing news for those who have been looking forward to taking part, forming teams, training and putting effort into fundraising for their chosen causes – including the restoration of the Montgomery Canal. We apologise to everyone and the good causes concerned.
We have decided to postpone the event to 2021 in view of uncertainty about the progress of the coronavirus this year. We are looking forward to organising the next Montgomery Canal Triathlon on Saturday 8th May 2021.
All entrants in the 2020 event may receive a refund of their entry fees or, if they wish, they may donate their entry fees to the restoration of the Montgomery Canal. Alternatively, they will be able to defer their entry until the 2021 event. Entrants will be contacted over the next few days to make arrangements for this."
For further information, please contact: email@example.com